You know what they say, the grass is always green(er) screen!
But all jokes aside, creating effects just got a whole lot crazier. With the release of Effect House v2.7.0, TikTok creators can upload camera roll images to Community Effects.
2.7.0 will gradually be rolling out to all users.
- Add a User Media Texture asset in the Assets panel to incorporate camera roll images into an effect. Try uploading a custom image to a green screen effect!
- Use Effect Icon Creator to easily design a face-based effect icon. Select a provided model or upload your own image to preview your face-based effect, which will then be auto-populated in the effect submission form.
The Pin to Mesh component enables you to fix the position and orientation of 3D objects to deformable meshes. For example, you can pin objects to a specific point on a 3D face mesh so that it follows facial movements.
- Pin to Mesh requires TikTok app version 30.3.0 or higher.
Use Old, a new generative effect, to age your face!
- Please note: This generative effect is performance intensive. We recommend limiting the complexity of effects that use this capability to prevent performance issues.
- The Effect House home screen has been updated!
To see the full list of new features and updates check out the release notes.